So, I'm proud to be an American! I really wanted to be in the US for the fourth of July, so we planned our trip back to arrive in California on July 3rd. The kids were awesome for the three days we took to drive back, as always! We spent the 4th swimming and hanging out, eating Costco cashews and chocolate raisins, and playing Farkel with grandparents, great grandparents, cousins and aunts and uncles. It was great! In the evening we headed to Cal Expo for fireworks and yummy fair food. The ginormous corndogs, cherry sno-cones and funnel cakes were our favorites! The people watching was very entertaining, as well as our kids' impromptu dance performances for the crowd. On top of all of that fun, we enjoyed a spectacular fireworks show, set to patriotic music--with the exception of a five minute musical tribute to the late Michael Jackson. What more could I ask for?
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment