Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Just wishing a wonderful day to two really great men...my dad and dad-in-law Larry. I love you both for so many reasons! You both are so generous and are always watching out for our family, and the kids really love you both. They have such fun grandpas. We all miss you guys! Here's the lyrics to the songs we sang for you. I put them here, so I could have a copy too! Love, Rebecca

WE'D LOVE TO SEE OUR GRANDPA
(tune of We Love to See the Temple)

We'd love to see our grandpa
On this nice Father's Day,
But we're here in Virginia,
So very far away.

For Grandpa Ricketts is a special guy,
Who makes such yummy chicken.
If we were there, we'd eat a bunch,
And do some finger lickin'!

We'd love to see our grandpa,
Because we love him so,
We'll have to wait til Christmas
Down in old Mexico.

For our grandpa is a real cool dude,
As cool as we have met.
Jake can't wait to go for another ride
In your sweet red Corvette!

I HEAR MY PAPA
(tune of Love is Spoken Here)

I hear my papa snoring
With the giant TV on.
I see his belly peeking
Underneath his Impact shirt.
The screams from my grandma,
Telling him "Wake up!"
And I am thankful
Marty's my grandpa.

My papa's cool...
He reads us lots of books.
He does the running man,
And is a great cook.
We miss papa Marty,
Oh! Yes it's so.
We can't wait to see him
In Mexico!
And we're grateful
Marty's our grandpa.

On Father's Day we want to say,
We love our Papa Patrick!

1 comment:

Marty and Debbi said...

Dad loved the song he had the biggest smile on his face. We hope Andy had a great day too...what did the kids sing to him? Can't wait to see you again... I don't know when yet we are talking about it
hugs and kisses