Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grace's Baptism


Grace was baptized on Saturday, April 19th, and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Sunday, April 20th. We had a very nice little meeting. Both Andy's and my parents were here, and everyone had a part. Grandma Ricketts led the music, Grandma Patrick offered the opening prayer, Jake and Poppa Patrick both gave talks (both were great, I might add). Andy baptized Grace, with both Grandpas as witnesses. Grandpa Ricketts gave the closing prayer. I didn't do much for the meeting...I took care of all the planning and behind the scenes work.

Grace was all smiles that morning. We all know she's a sweetheart, but she was especially sweet as she prepared for the baptism. She was very serious about this decision to be baptized, and told me she knew she was doing what Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ wanted her to do. She said she felt really happy as she came out of the water. Andy did have to perform the ordinance twice, as the Grandpas thought her toe came out of the water the first time. The second time was the charm. Thank goodness for her because the water was a bit chilly! It was such a great day, and I am so happy she is becoming such a beautiful little lady.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hooray! We love you Grace, and we are so happy you made this decision. I can't believe that our kids are getting so big. We love you all!

Marty and Debbi said...

What a beautiful day we had ! Grace you are turning into such a sweet and lovely young lady. Thank you so much for asking us to help in your Baptism . We are so glad we could be there, it was a very special time to share with you. I know Heavenly Father & Jesus love you very much too!!!!

warcolby said...

Congratualtions Grace!! It looks like it was a very special day. You'll have to email John and tell him what it was like!

Harmers said...

Congratulations to Grace!! I love looking at your blog, Rebecca. You are so on top of things. You are an inspiration!

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

I forgot to mention our friend, Jay Porter, played the piano and he was awesome. Thanks, Jay.