Monday, May 5, 2008

Andy's Swearing In at the State Department


Here are a few pictures of the swearing in ceremony for Andy's A-100 class. I don't know what "A-100" stands for, but it is the beginning training course for all new foreign service officers. The ceremony was held at the main State Department building in DC. Secretary Rice did not attend, but Deputy Secretary Negroponte did address us. He reminded the class to do all they can to serve their country from their overseas posts, to represent the US in a positive manner, and not focus on how to better their careers. It was short and sweet, and we were back in time for the girls to come home from school. Wow, I think Andy is pretty darn cool.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I think Andy is very cool. I just can't wait for your new adventure! Love you guys!
~Melissa

LARSEN FAMILY BLOGGER'S said...

5/28/08
Good Luck Andy. We know you will do a wonderful job for the USA. Where ever they send you and the family. Your family will be a asset where ever you guy's go. Miss the Armstrong family the Wards not the same!!! Ken Larsen