Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Rachel, Dear

Princess Rachel celebrated her 4th birthday! We invited several of her other princess friends to join us for the festivities. We began by making fairy princess wands...

Then we played "Pin the Crown on the Princess." The girls thought up this idea and made it on their own. Unfortunately, I had to step in with last minute crowns, as we couldn't find the beautiful ones Sarah had drawn jewels all over (of course we found them after the party).
The princesses had the futures foretold by Jake, the Fortune-Telling Magician. He kept all of their attention for several minutes...
The princesses searched for pink jewels that some fairies had left throughout the living room. What princess doesn't love pink jewels? Here's what they found...
Before the princesses could have their feast, we had to determine if they were really princesses. So, we made them sit on three different pillows and figure out which one had the "pea" (a green ball) underneath it. Not to anyone's surprise, every princess guessed the correct pillow. Time to eat! This is Princess Rachel's castle cake...Thanks to my creative friends for the idea!
These dainty little princess do love cake and ice cream!
Opening presents...
After all of the planned activities were finished, the princesses decided to enjoy the warm weather by jumping on the trampoline and playing on the playground!
Happy Birthday to Rachel! We love you!

8 comments:

LARSEN FAMILY BLOGGER'S said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dear Rachel, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.... May you have many more! Love the Larsen's

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

I'm glad Rach liked her button! We are getting excited and ready to see you this summer! And I'm glad it will be within driving distance! Most people would wuss out on a 13 hour drive... but when you live 3000 + miles away for more than 4 years, 13 hours is cake right?
Give the kids a kiss from me!

Megan and Adam said...

I can't believe how big Rachel is!! What a cute party, I love the cake!

Aimee said...

That cake looks fabulous! I like the princess and the pea game idea! Alison wants a Dinosaur princess party next year (she'll probably change her mind before November)But just in case I'm trying to collect ideas.

Sarah and Mark said...

Sounds like a fun party. The cake is amazing! Want to do Adriana's?

Marty and Debbi said...

What a fantastic Birthday!!!!! I hate that we are not there to have fun with you....but soon April seems too far away, but we will make up for it!!!!!!

Marty and Debbi said...

What a beautiful little princess you are Rachel....

Laura said...

Your cake turned out awesome. What a fun birthday party.