Sunday, January 11, 2009

'Twas the Night Before Christmas...

We stayed here in Mexico for Christmas, and while we really missed being with our family, we did enjoy a nice, relaxing holiday!On Christmas eve, we ate our "shepherds dinner" of rolls, chicken, cheese and crackers, grapes and apples, by candlelight, while thinking about that night when shepherds saw a new star appear.
We are showing off our new PJs...don't new jammies on Christmas feel great?
Mom and her boy
Dad and his girls
Jake read the Christmas story from Luke to us, we watched the DVD Joy to the World and Mr. Krueger's Christmas, and then we sang some of our favorite Christmas hymns.No more waiting...0 days left until Christmas!
Frosted sugar cookies for Santa, and of course, some carrots for the reindeer!
Finally, the kids got to set out their stockings for Santa to fill! Then it was off to bed! Andy kindly reminded the kids that they couldn't wake us up before 6:30am, and they ran upstairs. I love that we never hear any complaining from the kids about their bedtime on Christmas Eve!

8 comments:

Peter & JoNae Black said...

So your kids really can't wake you up until 6:30pm? That makes for a long day I bet. We miss spending the Holidays with Family, but it is nice to be able to spend time together and relax. No rushing around!

The Baker said...

Everyone is getting so old....We miss you guys. I was so excited to hear that we can come to utah when you guys are there, we will be counting down the days! Love you guys!

Bethany said...

I loved your Christmas pictures! A year has aged the kids a lot. However, magically, you and Andy look even more youthful:)

Can't wait to see you guys in julio (oh yeah, I know a little Spanish).

Love ya!

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

Those are such neat Christmas eve traditions, I love it!
I can't believe how much your kids have grown... keep them out of the sun will ya?!
We miss you guys and are excited to see you this summer!
Love ya!

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

Okay, JoNae, I fixed my error. Sheesh!

Marty and Debbi said...

It looks like you spent Christmas eve perfectly!! We do miss you so much but this year is going to be so fun seeing you twice ok ok don't make me cry......

Laura said...

Christmas Eve isn't Christmas Eve without a Shepherd's dinner. Jason's mom always did that and his sister is carrying on the tradition while his parents are in the Philippines. I saw something about you guys coming to Utah? When is that?

Megan and Adam said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful christmas. It is so fun to be able to keep up on your family. Your kids are getting so big!