Andy is very serious about our 6:30am wake-up time on Christmas morning. The kids came into our room exactly when our clock said 6:30, but unfortunately for them, our alarm clock is several minutes fast. So we waited. Well the kids waited/jumped all over Andy on the bed, while I brushed my teeth and hair. 6:30am finally arrived, and we headed downstairs(the kids were so excited that we finally live in a house with stairs so they can actually go downstairs to see their presents on Christmas morning...I guess they've seen that in movies and figured that you're supposed to have stairs on Christmas morning). So here's what Santa left for us...Rachel was so excited to discover that Santa had been there(though she really did not want to have to see him) and the cookies and carrots had been eaten.
Jake received a bazillion different Bionicle sets. I'm sure Santa had a hard time figuring out what to get for the boy who himself didn't know what he wanted. The regular sized ones were assembled in no time, but the big one is more difficult. Jake tells us he needs one of his friends to help him put it together.
Grace received a Yamaha acoustic guitar that needed a little tuning, but still awesome nonetheless. Later on she showed us how she can make notes slide.
Sarah found an American Girl doll, Julie, waiting to meet her new "mom". Sarah keeps calling me grandma now.
Rachel got a princess vanity, and got right to work blow drying her hair and primping.
This is the first gift to be unwrapped Christmas morning... NintenDogs for the DS from our Wilkins cousins! Since it was just us on Christmas morning, we took our time opening presents one by one. The kids were so sweet and cute, talking about each one and saying thank-you to each other. It was really nice.
The kids and I got Andy one of those cool waffle makers that you flip over to cook. In addition to being the grill-master, he is also the waffle-king(he's got his grandma Woodward's secret recipe)! He then worked his magic and treated us to waffles doubly fast!
This is what we were left with after all the presents had been opened. We didn't even mind leaving the mess and just played around with the kids(well, I think Andy did clean it up a couple of hours later).
15 years ago

4 comments:
Is Andy holding a waffle maker? Now I have to post our pics, sorry I'm sooo lame.
~Melissa
Wow what a morning you had it looks like you had a lot of fun! Maybe one day we can have a Christmas with you again.... how fun!
We can't wait to hear a song on the blog from Grace our next little Mexican idol!
I love all the Christmas pictures! That is so awesome that Grace got a Guitar. She and Mark can do a duet next time we see you!
Post a Comment