Saturday, July 19, 2008

We Made It!

We are here in Monterrey! This is the front of our house. It is surrounded with a cement wall and gates. Inside the wall is a small but very pretty yard. Our house is big and empty...can't wait for our stuff to arrive. We will be in this house for a few more weeks until our permanent house is available. Yesterday, I had my first adventure to WalMart by myself(with the kids) and made my way back through all of the one way streets to our house. I was pretty proud of myself, and finally decided I'll be able to enjoy living here, even without speaking spanish very well. I'll learn though! Monterrey is surrounded by beautiful green mountains, I believe they are the Sierra Madres, and it totally reminds Andy and I of Salt Lake. We can navigate by the mountains! I think Andy likes work so far...it's just been a lot of in-processing stuff and meeting with people. I think he'll start the real stuff in a couple of weeks. Anyhoo, we are here and alive and doing fine! I'll write more the next time we visit Carl's Jr. It is WiFi and we don't have any internet access until our next home. I'll try to survive without being "connected"!

11 comments:

Aimee said...

It's so great to hear what is going on with you all. We miss you here in Wheatland! Lily's birthday party is an around the world theme. We'll be thinking of you when we break the pinata in "Mexico" aka our back yard.

Erin Porter said...

Yahoo! You made it. I am so happy for you and totally jealous that:
1. you have a car. 2. you have Wal-mart and 3. you also have Carls Jr. with Wi-Fi. Maybe we'll bid Mexico our next time around and enjoy some of the luxuries of bing so close to the U.S. I can't complain too much we do have a few luxuries here as well...but man do I miss my car, and our dear friends. Best of luck settling in.

Melissa said...

We love you guys...it was so fun to hear the kids' voices the other day at moms. Sorry it didn't work out to meet, we really miss you all. We were just runing out of time. I wish I had tons of money to just come and go whenever I wanted. Post more fun stuff soon.
love you, ~Melissa

amyburb said...

Glad to hear you made it! We are in SLC and got together with a bunch of the Braddahs last night. We missed you! It just wasn't the same without you guys. :( At least we can keep in touch . . .

Bethany said...

You guys must be pretty important to have all that security:) You guys have such a full life of so many adventurous things. I'm already wondering what's after Monterrey! Good luck, we love you! Keep us posted.

Marty and Debbi said...

I'm with Melissa I wish we were rich and could come and see you every few months We miss you lots I am so bad with the blog yours is so good and it helps to see that you are all happy and healthy Get one of the kids in the yard or something I will call soon on the phone card oxoxoxoxoxoxox Mom & dad
PS the house looks nice

Laura said...

So glad you guys made it. What an adventure just getting there. It's good to see you have some American influence...Carl's Jr and Walmart. Hope you love it there and that you feel settled soon.
Laura

Sunny said...

Hi guys! We miss you here in DC. We are the last of the bunch to leave and we packed out today and have one more day tomorrow, it has been rough but we are excited to get to post Glad to hear you made it okay.

The Blaylocks

Angie McLean said...

Dude...so glad you are in town. We have this bathing suit to send you...what address is good to send it to you? LOL We miss you so! XOOX Ang, Chuck, Gabbi, Maddi, Dempsey! :)

thrasheroost said...

Hey Armstrongs! We had such a fun time with you on your way through Texas. Good to hear you made it and are getting settled. We've been thinking about you guys. Can't wait for the next installment of your adventures.
Thrashers

Megan and Adam said...

I Rebecca it is so fun to see all the adventures your family has been on. We really miss your family here. I have also started a blog and thought I would let you know. It's http://adammeganmckee.blogspot.com
Hope you guys are having fun and doing well.