Saturday, July 19, 2008

San Antonio, TX

We stayed in San Antonio in a hotel on the river-walk. I’d never heard of the river-walk before. It’s a little man-made river that runs in a circle with tons of restaurants with mostly patio seating at the edges. The water is a bit brown and the river-walk is below street level, which makes it seem like it should be the sewer, but the little bridges and fountains and greenery make it very pretty and pleasant. There is a sidewalk on either side, so we walked all the way around and found an ice cream parlor. The kids enjoyed cones while we sat on a balcony and people watched. When we returned to our hotel, we all swam in the pool which was on the roof of this hotel! It had a beautiful view of the lights of the city!The next morning we visited the Alamo! No picture taking was permitted inside the church, but we did get some pics of the beautiful grounds. Jake enjoyed seeing lots of Davy Crockett’s personal items that were found in the area. We were all humming that song for the rest of our visit…”Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier!” Now we really can “Remember the Alamo!”

1 comment:

salty c-snake said...

I'm glad you ignored Bry's nonenthusiasm and stopped here. I love San Antonio. Bryan and I are going in Sept (if i can talk him out of Lockhart).