Sunday, July 13, 2008

Travelling in Tennessee

Our first day of travels brought us to Knoxville, Tennessee. We stayed right downtown and really liked the area. It was the city, but it was still quaint at the same time. Of course the highlight for the kids was the pool and jumping on the beds in our suite.



I really enjoyed the drive through Tennessee. Everything was really green with lots of rolling hills and the roads were kept very nicely. We did have to travel through intermittent rainstorms, which got pretty crazy a couple of times. During one of the downpours, everyone slowed down, except for the car coming up behind me. Suddenly he spun out and slid into the median. I'm so glad he didn't pass me and then spin out. I can't believe there wasn't a collision. Whew! When we took our exit in Memphis, I'm pretty sure we saw the car that spun out. The bumper had a strip that was hanging off the back. The driver was fine, so all was well!
We had to go out for some good BBQ in Memphis, so we chose Corky's, on the advice of our friends the Penningtons. This was the original Corky's and we enjoyed pulled pork sandwiches, pork nachos, and of course, RIBS! Rachel went with spaghetti. We really like Tennessee!


2 comments:

Marty and Debbi said...

Fun times wish I was with ya!!!!

salty c-snake said...

¿Qué tal la Canícula? Has the temperature passed 40 grados? Eat the tacos de barbacoa, not the hambugers!