Okay, I think my kids made up the phrase "hork it down." Has anyone ever heard or used this saying? It means to stick food in your mouth and eat it as fast as possible. They use it quite often..."I just totally horked down that whole donut in 10 seconds," or "Quit horkin' down the M&Ms, we'd all like some!" Sometimes they have to "hork down" food at dinnertime that they don't really like. If they have in fact created this wonderful phrase, please feel free to use it. We'll see how long it takes that new phrase to get back to us here in Virginia. If we have stolen it from somewhere or someone, let us know. I'm curious.
15 years ago

5 comments:
I believe "hork" has origins with the movie Strange Brew, but you'd have to ask Garrett to be sure. I think they used it to mean stealing. I like your kids' version better. :)
are they sure it's not 'porkin' down the food'? Funny kids
Never heard it...I do believe it is an Armstrong original. And thanks for the song, and always remember... your on my heart, just like a tatoo...I'll always have you. Love you guys.
Oh my gosh, I just heard this word on a preview for the disney movie " Ratatoille" two mice, and one says to the other........"don't hork it down"!!!!!!! to cute!!!!
Our kids use it all the time and in the very same manner. Hmmmm and they haven't even been together very much.
Post a Comment