Today is Jake's first day of school at Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School! We met with his guidance counselor yesterday, and she was so helpful! He picked a keyboarding/tech class and an art class as his electives for the rest of the year. The guidance secretary was also great and took us on a tour of the school, and answered so many of my questions. I've been more nervous about Jake going to middle school than Jake was, but I'm happy to report that neither of us were very nervous when I dropped him at school this morning (at 7:20am).
Sarah and Grace started school on Tuesday. Sarah's school is called Mt.Daniel and is a kindergarten/first grade school. Her teacher's name is Ms. Payne, and she has made friends in her class(though she forgets their names) and loves the new playground. She has been so excited to go to school every morning!
Grace's school is called Thomas Jefferson Elementary(or TJ) and has grades 2-4. Her teacher's name is Mrs.Hull, and she also has made several girlfriends. She was a little frustrated her first day, because they went to spanish class and she didn't know the songs or vocabulary. Other than that, she is doing great too! I am so happy with the schools and the adults working in them! I'm not sure yet if they kids will be behind their classes or ahead...maybe they'll just pick up right where they left off in California!
15 years ago

3 comments:
Thanks for the link to your blog. I enjoy keeping up with some of our old friends. Come see how our family is adjusting to the east coast at verdoornfamily.blogspot.com
I'm sooooo excited for you guys! Jake looks way too old and handsome. Sarah, I'm so glad yo like the awesome playground. Gracie, don't worry, I know you will learn those songs quickly. Don't worry about Hannah's bday...we celebrated before you left. That counts:) And is Rachel going to a preschool this year? Have you been to church yet? Have fun and keep posting! We love you.
~Melissa
Can't wait to see it all everyone sounds so happy You are all so lucky to be seeing and learning all these new things
Post a Comment