Every month at ASFM, the girls' school, they hold a flag assembly. The one at the end of January was a bit more elaborate with the Honor Guard presenting the flags of Mexico and the US. The national anthems of both countries were sung too. Picture me as the only American woman standing in a group of Mexican families singing "and the rockets red glare" by myself, and yes, this was also the day of my dye-blond, "no hablo ingles" incident. The redeeming part of the morning was that Sarah and another boy said the pledge of allegiance in front of the entire school and lots of parents. Sarah did a great job! I'm so happy she did well...the kids don't say the pledge every day like in the US, so she had practiced for a week! Practice makes perfect, right Sarah? Good job, I love you! (Thanks to Sarah, I could hold my head high as I left the assembly, even after my unintelligent comment, and my poor attempt to get my alto voice to reach those soprano notes...)
It's terrible that this is the best picture I got of Sarah's pledge. We need a better camera.
15 years ago

1 comment:
We love your pictures, it looks like you are having lots of amazing adventures.
Drop us a line so that we can email you, we don't know your new address.
Tiersa and Carrie
Post a Comment