Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bebop with Aesop

Thursday evening, the family attended Bebop with Aesop, a musical performed by the elementary school students. Back in December, the girls auditioned for parts in the musical, and have been practicing every Wednesday since then. It all paid off, because the musical was great, and was very professionally done. The kids with speaking parts even had wireless microphone headsets. Aesop and some Greek goddesses retold several of his fables, each with it's own catchy clever little song.

Grace was cast as one of the sassy Greek goddesses/muses, and was present on stage for the whole performance. When we entered the theater, she was standing as a statue against the wall. She did some narrating, sang a little solo, and looked beautiful!

Sarah got the part of Antonia the Ant in the fable about the grasshopper who played all summer, while the ants worked hard to prepare for the winter. Sarah got to reprimand the grasshopper and she did it with attitude! She was so cute and spunky.

The final song...I actually got both of the girls in one picture.
After the show, one of the directors came up to me and told me how talented both Grace and Sarah are. They really had a fun time performing, and after the show, they were a little disappointed that all the practicing and performing is over now until next year! I'm so happy they had this opportunity to develop some talents! Ladies, you both did a fantastic job! I love you!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it girls! You guys look too grown up in this last picture,...I don't like it because that means we are missing out on so much fun with you guys :( Love you though!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your blog. My husband is hoping to become an FSO sometime this year and your blog has helped me to support him! :) You seem to have such a happy and adventurous life overseas with your family in tow~! I would love to correspond with you if you have the time. Maybe I could ask you a few questions? Thanks again!
Shelly
esrich@bellsouth.net

Laura said...

Congratulations girls. What a great experience. I'm gald you had so much fun.

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

That is awesome! Although I wasn't there, I'm sure they did an awesome job! I've never belived anything would be better for grace than the stage! Give them a hug from me!

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! We love you soooo much! Can't wait to see you in July:) Write me a new song will ya? Hope your day was great!

love,
Bethany, Bill, Max & Laney Lou