Mrs. Clinton visited Monterrey for a day. Between her interviews and visits, a small meet and greet was held for Consulate employees and their families. I pulled the kids out of school and we waited at a hotel for her to arrive, while Andy attended Mrs. Clinton's visit to the TecMillenio University, which he helped coordinate. She gave a short speech then invited all of the children to come up and join her for a picture. Sarah worked her way to Mrs. Clinton's side, with Rachel right next to her. Jake and Grace stayed on the podium after the picture to meet and shake hands with the Secretary of State. Andy and I only saw her from a distance, but that's okay. He had been next to her earlier in the day, and I didn't mind standing back and letting her fans have the opportunity of meeting her. The kids thought it was a neat privilege and an honor to get to meet a high-ranking government official. So now, we're practically famous.
15 years ago

4 comments:
I already thought you were famous but now it is a sure thing.
That's really cool!
When Max saw the pic. of you and Andy he said, "They're so cute together." I thought that was too funny and true. However, he's not digging the espanol music. He covered his ears but Delaney LOVES it. She singing to it right now. We totally miss you!
What an experience that’s so cool! WE really miss you guys Christopher was just talking about Jake the other day
It seems like you guys are having so many cool experiences living there. Your kids are getting so big and are involved in so much! How fun. Thanks for your comment, I would love to say I made the quilt on Addy's bed but I bought it at Target.
Post a Comment