Sunday, June 7, 2009

Jake's Sixth Grade Graduation








So, graduation from sixth grade is a really big deal here. It all began with a graduation/awards ceremony in the afternoon. Jake graduated with academic achievement honors, a special award for computers, and the citizenship award for his class. Great job Jake! We didn't attend the special mass, but in the evening the kids and parents attended a semi-formal dinner dance! I have to admit, I wasn't really enthusiastic about going to the dinner dance, but it ended up being a really nice night! Jake was excited about the party, until we got there. I had to hunt him down so we could dance the mother/son dance. Thank goodness for the Cha-Cha Slide, which got him dancing, and for one of his friends who liked dancing, who kept him on the dance floor. I think he enjoyed it there for awhile! We were pretty much the first to leave the party at 10:30pm, after 3 hours, but the party was far from ending! I am happy that he won't be the new kid at school next year. It will be a nice break for him, now that he knows people and knows how the school works, etc.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow! I didn't realize he was in the 6th grade. I just can't believe how big all the kids are now. Kind of sad. Congratulations Jake! So proud of all of your accomplishments! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree:)

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

Congratulations Jake! Becca, you look great! I love your dress!!