Halloween was great! Jake dressed as a Jedi, Grace as Jasmine, Sarah as a vampire, and Rachel as a cute witch. I was a party pooper this year, with no costume. I hope to make up for it next year. I actually wanted to make a whoopee cushion costume, and I thought I had enough pink felt, but I didn't. I thought it would be funny if I was the whoopee cushion and Andy was an old fart. Anyhoo...
I was so surprised by how many kids(and moms and nannies) came to the house. More trick or treaters than we had last year on base! We ran out of candy at 7:15 ish, and we had purchased a few of those big bags of good candybars at Costco! While we were walking around, there were many people out, but not many houses handing out candy. I guess it's more than other places, though, because people come park their cars outside the neighborhood and walk around here. The kids walk around chanting "noche de brujas Halloween!" which means night of the witches, halloween. If you're handing out candy, you just keep your door open or wait at your gate to give out the candy. We received more candy with chili powder in it than we would have liked, but we got rid of it quickly. The chili candy really is an acquired taste, but the kids here love it!
It was a fun week, but I'm glad it's over...there were so many parties and activities for the kids to attend. Now, for the Mexicans, the next big holiday is Christmas, so we see the trees and decor going up at the malls. I love Thanksgiving, and I'm glad we get to look forward to that next!
15 years ago




5 comments:
Reminds of how everyone came to our street year after year it slowed down a few yeras ago but the numbers are going up again halloween was fun this year again even with a little rain. the kids looked good....
Hey guys! Hope you are all great! I decided to go private on my blog. Drop me a line @ something4amy@yahoo.com and I can invite you. Also, I would really love to catch up. Send me your info! Miss you!
Oh your blog is so cute! this will be fun to keep in touch. I didnt realize how many places you have lived since youve been married!! wow. what is it that your husband does? I love teaching grace and jake in primary and will miss them! That was fun having brunch today!! you are a cute blogger- keep it up!
Hey Guys!
Thanks for sharing the great halloween pictures. We love it! The cave looks a lot like Timpanogos Cave in Utah - very cool. We miss you and can't wait to see you all again!
Gary & Heather Armstrong Family
Hi guys. Can you e-mail me your address so we can send you a Christmas card?
Sounds like everything is going great for your family. Your website is really neat. Thanks for sharing.
Jeff and Rebecca Armstrong
Post a Comment