Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh, How I Love Unpacking!

I'm not being sarcastic! It is more fun for me than blogging! I get to sort through our stuff, find a place for everything, and decorate. What could be more fun? So, that's my excuse for not having written sooner. When we were waiting to get into this house, I didn't really have much to do, and I whined about not having handy internet access. Now we have our household things and I can practice piano again, scrapbook, make some wood signs, workout, invite friends over...We'll see how often I'm online now. Of course I'll be checking out everyone's blogs. I have a lot of catch up reading to do! By the way, thanks for all of your well wishes these last few weeks!

Also, we have a garbage disposal! Woohoo! And a dishwasher! Life is good.

Rebecca

10 comments:

Veronica Bartles said...

Glad to hear that you are getting settled in and enjoying yourself! We sure miss you guys! Ben asked me today if I thought you had all forgotten about us since we hadn't heard from you for a while (I had to explain that you haven't had regular internet access)! We hope to hear from you again more regularly as things settle down more. (By the way, if your kids want to write to mine, drop me an email, and I can give you the kids' individual email addresses - don't want to post them here, I'm sure you understand, but the kids would love to write emails regularly with your kids!)

Oh, by the way, whenever you get a chance to sit and blog for fun, consider yourself "tagged". The rules are on my blog - the post titled "6 Random Things About Me"
Love ya!!

Amy said...

So glad to hear from you, and happy that you are finally able to get settled in. We sure miss you guys!

warcolby said...

It's like hearing a voice from the grave!! glad to have you back and glad you are enjoying unpacking. YOu're officially invited to our next move.

Just had to put a disclaiimer on the mermaid book. I have not read it. the picutre is a link to my friend's book blog who recommended it (she has fabulous taste!!). I finally just finished little women and am now workng on a civil war book (shelby foote series) so it will be a while till i can attack that one!!

glad ya'll are doing well

Becky said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear you are getting all settled!

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see the latest fashion trends again! Right Gracie? Love you guys!

Erin Porter said...

So,so,so good to hear from you. I am SO envious that you have a dishwasher! That alone was worth the month wait to get into your house.

Erin Porter said...

p.s. I too liked the unpacking process I sorted through EVERYTHING! I had a good pile to give away and loved the process of literally cleaning out my whole life. I hope I still feel this way after 3 or 4 moves.

Marty and Debbi said...

Rebecca I didn't realize how much you were like me I love to unpack and reorganize and decorate too throwing stuff away gives me a lot of pleasure too I am trying to do that now the least amount of stuff the better maybe I will become a minimalist!!!!! naa

Megan and Adam said...

Hi Rebecca,
It's been fun looking at your blog and seeing the adventures of your family. We sure do miss your family here. It looks like you are doing well. We started a blog awhile back too, it's a great way to keep in touch. I hope the unpacking and getting settled is going well.

Becky said...

Hi Rebecca. I tried to email you but the email I had has apparently been terminated. Will you please email me at beckyataylor(at)gmail(dot)com