Saturday, August 2, 2008

Garbage Disposals

It’s true that I’m not very grateful for things until I don’t have them anymore. I usually think this about my friends or my health, but lately I’ve been thinking about garbage disposals. What a wonderful invention! It chops up unwanted food and sends it down the drain. I love that! In this house, we don’t have a dishwasher (well Andy and I…I mean automatic dishwasher), nor do we have a garbage disposal! I really haven’t missed having a dishwasher, but I do miss having a garbage disposal! I’ve been reminiscing about the days when I used to just dump the kid’s leftover soggy cereal into the sink, flip the switch, and let the disposal send it away to who-know’s-where. Now, I have to strain the soggy cocoa puffs and frosted flakes and dump them into the garbage. It kind of grosses me out. I’m sure I’ll get used to it. It’s funny, even houses that have dishwashers still don’t have garbage disposals. Anyways, to look on the bright side, that is really my only complaint about living here. Not too bad, eh?

Sorry, I lied. One other little complaint. No good hamburgers. Not even at Chili’s. That’s it…I’ll stop whining now.

3 comments:

The Baker said...

we didn't have disposals in canada on my mission. even the nicer homes didn't have them. mine broke for like a week so i know where you are coming from......sorry!

oh and back off on our name choices would you..... i guess you will have to make fun of our boys name because i like our choices better than your suggestions :)

Erin Porter said...

I do have a disposal so I feel lucky. And I have a dishwasher, Her name is Domitilla and when she goes home on the weekends I miss her. This is exactally why I haven'tposted on our blog I am afraid it will turn into a complain fest. There are a lot of great things....but there is a lot to get used too. Miss you!

amyburb said...

We didn't have a dishwasher or disposal in our first married apartment in Provo, and I have to say, I wished for a disposal a lot more often. It is a pain! But with four kids I might miss the dishwasher more now. That or I'd be using paper.