This morning has been an emotional rollercoaster. When we got up, Andy checked his email, because the State Dept. started making job offers yesterday. He had no offer, but someone had posted on a chat room that they had accepted an offer, and this person's ranking was lower than Andy's. So we figured things were all messed up and started to freak out that Andy had been skipped over, or something! Andy emailed the lady who hires the political officers and she was out of the office, of course. I started thinking about whether to start up my wood sign business, or apply to substitute teach to help support our family while unemployed. Thankfully, a little later, the lady responded that she sent the offer yesterday. We never received it, so she sent it again! It is official now! Andy will start the A-100 class on March 3rd! We are so excited, and I think we appreciate it even more now that we had a little taste of what it would feel like if he weren't hired. Woohoo!
15 years ago

5 comments:
congratulations, now when do you find out where it will be?
Wish we knew where you may go, this waiting stuff is making me crazy!!!!!
Hooray is right! That's so exciting. I bet you guys can't wait to get out of here now!
congrats. Sounds like a fun adventure.
First of all Congratulations! I saw your mom at church last Sunday and she told me the good news. This is Becky Tanner (now Taylor). Your mom also told me that your hubby was in the JAG. My husband has been thinking about doing the JAG but we don't know anyone who has gone that route so I was hoping maybe when you guys are settled your husband could give us some incite into JAG life. My email is beckyataylor@gmail.com
Post a Comment